Learning about the benefits of exercise can help get your mind motivated and your feet moving. What does regular exercise do for your health? What kinds of activities should you do? How much is enough?
1. Regular physical activity can reduce your chances of getting heart disease.
2. Most people get enough physical activity from their normal daily routine.
3. You don't have to train like a marathon runner to become more physically fit.
4. Exercise programs do not require a lot of time to be very effective.
5. People who need to lose some weight are the only ones who will benefit from regular physical activity.
6. All exercises give you the same benefits.
7. The older you are, the less active you need to be.
8. It doesn't take a lot of money or expensive equipment to become physically fit.
9. Too much exercise can cause injuries.
10. You should always consult a doctor before starting an intense physical activity program.
11. People who have had a heart attack should not start any physical activity program.
12. To help stay physically active, include a variety of activities.