1. Being overweight puts you at risk of heart disease.
2. If you are overweight, losing weight helps to lower your high blood cholesterol and high blood pressure.
3. Quitting smoking is healthy, but it commonly leads to excessive weight gain which increases your risk of heart disease.
4. An overweight person with high blood pressure should pay more attention to a low-sodium diet than to weight reduction.
5. A reduced intake of sodium or salt does not always lower high blood pressure to normal.
6. The best way to lose weight is to exercise and eat fewer calories.
7. Skipping meals is the best way to cut down on calories.
8. Healthy fats can be good choices when you are trying to lose weight.
9. The single most important change most people can make to lose weight is to avoid sugar.
10. Polyunsaturated fat has the same number of calories as saturated fat.