Summer has arrived with a vengeance. Although we're exposed to the sun during every season, protecting yourself from sun exposure is especially important during warm weather. Take our quiz and find out how much you know.
1. Over your lifetime, you get most of your sun exposure before the age of 18.
2. Your risk of sunburn depends on the time of day, not your geographic location.
3. Sunburn only occurs after at least 30 minutes in the sun.
4. You can't get sunburned when it's cloudy outside.
5. Sunscreen only needs to be applied once, immediately before you go outside.
6. Extensive sun exposure and sunburn are the best-known risk factors for skin cancer.
7. Both UVA and UVB sun rays cause skin cancer.
8. Sunscreen creams that blend into your skin work the same as the colored or white zinc oxide creams.
9. A white T-shirt is just as protective as SPF 15 sunscreen.