Find out if smoking is more harmful at certain ages...if it's ever too late to quit...if quitting now can erase years of damage...and more!
1. If you have smoked for most of your life, it's not worth stopping now.
2. Older smokers who try to quit are more likely to stay off cigarettes.
3. Smokers get tired and short of breath more easily than nonsmokers the same age.
4. Smoking is a major risk factor for heart attack and stroke among adults 60 years of age and older.
5. Quitting smoking can help those who already have had a heart attack.
6. Most older smokers don't want to stop smoking.
7. An older smoker is likely to smoke more cigarettes than a younger smoker.
8. Someone who has smoked for 30 to 40 years probably won't be able to quit smoking.
9. Very few older adults smoke cigarettes.
10. Lifelong smokers are more likely to die of diseases like emphysema and bronchitis than nonsmokers.