See what you know about this wondrous event.
1. An egg can be fertilized up to 48 hours after ovulation.
2. Preeclampsia symptoms include high blood pressure, swelling, sudden weight gain and changes in muscle reflexes.
3. In a pregnancy with twins, it is most common for each baby to have his or her own placenta.
4. Walking at a brisk pace for 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, is a good idea, even if you were not an active person before your pregnancy.
5. First-time mothers over age 30 are more likely to have Caesarean deliveries than younger women.
6. Recent studies find that extra vitamin A during pregnancy can help to prevent neural tube defects.
7. Rubbing cocoa butter on your abdomen will help you to prevent stretch marks.
8. A woman with asthma who becomes pregnant will experience a worsening of her symptoms.
9. Women with diabetes should avoid becoming pregnant.
10. An epidural is anesthesia that is injected into the spinal fluid at the lower back to reduce pain during labor.
11. Spotting and other vaginal bleeding is always a sign of a troubled pregnancy.