Learn how to prevent coronary artery disease, America's No. 1 killer, and get the full story on what your cholesterol numbers mean.
1. High blood cholesterol is one of the risk factors for heart disease that you can do something about.
2. To lower your blood cholesterol level you must stop eating meat altogether.
3. Any blood cholesterol level below 240 mg/dL is desirable for adults.
4. Taking fish-oil supplements is an excellent way to lower LDL cholesterol.
5. To lower your blood cholesterol level, you should eat less saturated fat and no trans fat, and lose weight if you are overweight.
6. Saturated fats and trans fats raise your LDL cholesterol level more than anything else in your diet.
7. All vegetable oils help to lower blood cholesterol levels.
8. Lowering blood cholesterol levels can help people who have already had a heart attack.
9. All children need to have their blood cholesterol levels checked.
10. Women don't need to worry about high blood cholesterol and heart disease.
11. Reading food labels can help you eat the heart-healthy way.