Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common problem among school-age children, affecting about 3% to 7%, or nearly 4.5 million in the United States alone. The disorder has been the focus of thousands of studies since the 1960s, but the cause is still unclear. Take our quiz to find out how much you know about ADHD.
1. ADD and ADHD are different conditions.
2. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder is one of the most commonly diagnosed behavioral conditions in children.
3. Attention-deficit disorders are easy to recognize.
4. Attention-deficit disorders seem to run in families.
5. Adults don't have attention-deficit disorders.
6. Medication is enough to cure ADHD.
7. Responding well to ADHD medication means that a child has ADHD.
8. Eating less sugar can help most children with ADHD.