Twenty-Minute Chicken Parmesan
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons margarine
1 3/4 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Flatten between sheets of waxed paper.
- Dip chicken in egg; coat with bread crumbs.
- Brown chicken on both sides in margarine in skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories, 422; Protein, 35 grams; Carbohydrates, 27 grams; Total Fat, 19 grams (41 percent of calories from fat); Cholesterol, 138 milligrams; Fiber, 1 gram; Sodium, 1101 milligrams.
Exchanges: Bread 1; Lean Meat 3; Vegetables 2; Fat 1 1/2.