Quick And Important Birth Control Facts
- Careful and proper use of birth control dramatically decreases your chance of becoming pregnant.
- If no birth control is used, there is up to a 10% chance that intercourse will lead to pregnancy.
- More than 50% of sexually active couples who do not use birth control conceive a child within six months.
- Over 80% of couples who do not use birth control will conceive a child within a year.
- 82% of teen pregnancies are unplanned, accounting for an estimated 20% of all accidental pregnancies in the United States each year, according to the Alan Guttmacher Institute.