Date Of Visit:____________________
Things the doctor will do at today's visit:
- Ask how things are going with your pregnancy.
- Review briefly what to expect in the delivery room and nursery.
- Discuss arrangements for seeing your baby in the hospital.
- Describe how the practice handles newborn care right after discharge.
- Give you an opportunity to ask questions.
Things you may want to discuss at this visit:
Your arrangements at home for the new baby.
Questions or concerns about breast-feeding or bottle-feeding your baby.
Questions about circumcision.
Any other concerns you have.
Things to keep in mind:
- Keep your prenatal appointments.
- Do not smoke or use drugs or alcohol.
- Attend childbirth and infant CPR classes.
- Get a car seat and install it correctly in your car. It should be backward-facing in the back seat.
- Always use your own seat belt.
- Make sure your baby's crib is safe.
- Set the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120 degrees F or below.
- Install smoke detectors on every floor in your home and test them monthly.
Based on health-supervision guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics and from Bright Futures, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, under the direction of the Maternal and Child Health Bureau.
Last updated December 2, 2011