Ask The Expert
September 14, 2012
All scorpions are venomous. And itís best to see a doctor for all scorpion stings. Thatís especially true if you were bitten in Southwestern United States or Mexico. Highly poisonous scorpions are found there.
The stings from some scorpions can be fatal. Or they can cause serious neurological symptoms. An antidote is available for some scorpion stings.
If you are stung by a scorpion or are caring for someone who has just been stung, the main goal of first aid treatment is to limit how quickly the venom spreads in the body while moving to an emergency treatment center. In these cases: