|Healthful Recipes |
| || |
| Desserts |
| || |
| || |
Strawberries With Champagne Ice
Celebrating? This elegant low-fat beverage will lend sparkle to any festive occasion.
2 medium oranges
1 medium lemon
1-1/2 C. water
3/4 C. sugar
3 T. orange-flavored liqueur
2 C. champagne
2 C. fresh strawberries
1 C. champagne
1 T. sugar
- Peel zest in strips from oranges and lemon.
- Squeeze juice from oranges and lemon.
- In large saucepan, combine water, 3/4 C. sugar, and orange and lemon zest.
- Bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat; boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Discard zest.
- Pour liquid into large bowl and stir in orange and lemon juices and liqueur.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Stir 2 C. champagne into juice mixture.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan and freeze it until slushy, two and a half to three hours.
- Beat juice mixture in a mixing bowl, or in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour back into pan and refreeze for two to three hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries and slice in half.
- Put in a bowl and stir in 1 C. champagne and 1 T. sugar.
- Cover strawberry mixture and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Place strawberries in goblets and fill with champagne ice.
YIELD: 14 1/2-cup servings
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 99; Cholesterol, 0 milligrams; Sodium, 5 milligrams; Fat, 0 grams; Protein, 0 grams; Carbohydrates, 15 grams; Dietary Fiber, 0 grams (0 percent of calories from fat)