|Healthful Recipes |
| || |
| Side Dishes |
These potatoes are the perfect accompaniment for grilled fish.
2 lb. white potatoes, washed
1 T. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1/2 T. ají amarillo
1 C. nonfat cottage cheese
2 oz. queso fresco
1/4 C. skim milk
1 head romaine lettuce
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
6 black olives
- In large saucepan, cover potatoes with water.
- Bring to boil and cook until tender when pierced with skewer. Drain and cool.
- Peel and slice into 1/4-inch rounds.
- To prepare sauce, in medium, nonstick skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and ají and cook until onion is tender, about 6 minutes.
- Put onion in blender or food processor and add cottage cheese, queso fresco and skim milk. Puree until smooth.
- To serve, arrange some lettuce leaves on each of 6 salad plates. Arrange some potato slices on top of lettuce and spoon sauce over them. Sprinkle with chopped parsley; decorate each with an olive and serve.
YIELD: 6 servings SERVING SIZE: 1 1/2 cups
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 228; Total fat, 6 grams; Saturated fat, 1 gram; Cholesterol, 12 milligrams; Sodium, 142 milligrams; Dietary fiber, 4 grams; Carbohydrates, 3 grams; Protein, 11 grams
From Healthy Hispanic Recipes by the National Cancer Institute.