These lamb kabobs are marinated in very little oil or salt, but the flavor is lively when wine, lemon juice, rosemary and garlic are added.
2 T. olive oil
1/2 t. rosemary
1/2 C. chicken broth
1/8 t. black pepper
1/4 C. red wine
juice of 1 lemon
1 t. chopped garlic
1/4 t. salt
2 lb. lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
24 cherry tomatoes
24 small onions
- Combine oil, broth, wine, lemon juice, garlic, salt, rosemary and pepper.
- Pour over lamb, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Marinate in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Assemble separate skewers of lamb, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Remember lamb and onions take longer to cook than mushrooms and tomatoes.
YIELD: 8 servings SERVING SIZE: 1 kabob with 3 ounces meat
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 274; Total fat, 12 grams; Saturated fat, 3 grams; Cholesterol, 75 milligrams; Sodium, 207 milligrams