A scant amount of oil and Part-skim mozzarella cheese give this lower fat dish a Mediterranean flavor.
nonstick cooking spray, as needed
1 t. olive oil
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lb. fresh spinach, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t. oregano leaves, crushed
1 1/2 lb. sole fillets or other white fish
2 T. sherry
4 oz. (1 C.) part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray 10x6-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; saute mushrooms about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and continue cooking about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat; drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
- Add oregano and garlic to drained, sauteed vegetables; stir to mix ingredients.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets, placing filling in center of each fillet.
- Roll fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Lift out with a slotted spoon.
YIELD: 4 servings SERVING SIZE: 1 fillet roll
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 262; Total fat, 8 grams; Saturated fat, 4 grams; Cholesterol, 95 milligrams; Sodium, 312 milligrams