|Healthful Recipes |
| || |
| Side Dishes |
These easy oven-baked fries are a delicious, lower-fat alternative to french fries.
2 potatoes, large-sized
1 t. olive oil, or other vegetable oil
Seasoning Suggestions: 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or Italian seasoning spice mix, chili powder or paprika, cayenne red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Then cut each quarter into wedges with the wedge part (area with skin) about 1/2 to 1/3 inch wide.
- Coat teflon cookie sheet with 1 t. oil.
- Lay wedges on cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet on oven rack about 7 inches from oven bottom.
- Bake for 7 minutes (or until bottom and edges start browning), then flip wedges over to other side and sprinkle seasonings over top.
- Bake for another 7 minutes (or until wedges are nicely brown and cooked thoroughly).
YIELD: 4 servings
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 80; fat, 1 gram; Cholesterol, 0 milligrams; fiber, 2 grams; Sodium, 2 milligrams; percent calories from fat, 13 percent.
Recipe provided by the Idaho Potato Commission.