You won't miss the meat in this satisfying Italian dish.
1/2 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked in unsalted water
3/4 C. mozzarella cheese, part-skim
1 1/2 C. fat-free cottage cheese
1/4 C. parmesan cheese
1 1/2 C. zucchini, raw, sliced
2 1/2 C. tomato sauce, low-sodium or no salt added.
2 t. basil, dried
2 t. oregano, dried
1/4 C. onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/8 t. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 9x13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 T. Parmesan cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spred thin layer of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish. Add about 1/3 of noodles in a single layer. Spread half of cottage cheese mixture on top. Add layer of zucchini. Repeat layering. Add thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce and reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
YIELD:6 servings SERVING SIZE: 1 piece
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 276; Total fat, 5 grams; Saturated fat, 2 grams; Cholesterol, 11 milligrams; Magnesium, 55 milligrams; Potassium, 561 milligrams; Calcium, 216 milligrams; Sodium, 380 milligrams