In less than 15 minutes you can make this single-skillet meal.
3/4 lb. boneless beef round steak
1 t. oil
1/2 C. sliced carrots
1/2 C. sliced onion
1 T. soy sauce
1/8 t. garlic powder
2 C. broccoli florets
1 T. cornstarch
1/4 C. water
- Trim fat from steak. Slice steak across grain into thin strips about 1/8 inch wide and 3 inches long. (Partially frozen meat is easier to slice).
- Heat oil in frypan. Add beef strips and stirfry over high heat, turning pieces constantly, until beef is no longer red (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Reduce heat. Add carrots, celery, onion and seasonings.
- Cover and cook until carrots are slightly tender (3 to 5 minutes).
- Add broccoli; cook until vegetables are tender-crisp (3 to 4 minutes).
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; add slowly to beef mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened and vegetables are coated with thin glaze.
YIELD: 4 servings
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 150; Cholesterol , 45 milligrams; Sodium, 315 milligrams; Fat 5 grams (30 percent of calories from fat)