A delicious vegetarian dish that you can make ahead and reheat in the microwave.
2 C. green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
2 C. broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
1/4 C. water
2 T. low-sodium soy sauce 1 t. rice wine vinegar
1/2 t. sesame oil
1 t. honey
1/2 t. fresh ginger, grated
- Whisk dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Microwave fresh green beans with water in covered bowl on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove cover carefully, allowing steam to escape away from you. Stir green beans and add fresh broccoli florets.
- Cover and microwave together on high for 2 minutes. (If using frozen green beans and/or broccoli, follow microwave directions on packaging.)
- Drain green beans and broccoli.
- Mix in dressing while still warm.
- Let vegetables chill in refrigerator until ready to serve (at least 5 to 10 minutes).
YIELD: 4 servings
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 42; Fiber, 3 grams; Fat, 1 gram; Cholesterol, 0 milligrams; Sodium, 317 milligrams