These spicy and moist pork chops are made with egg whites, evaporated skim milk and a lively herb mixture.
1 egg white
1 C. evaporated skim milk
6 lean center-cut pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
3/4 C. cornflake crumbs
1/4 C. fine dry bread crumbs
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
3/4 t. chili powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. black pepper
1/8 t. dry mustard
4 t. paprika
2 t. oregano
1/2 t. salt
nonstick spray coating, as needed
- Trim fat from chops.
- Beat egg white with evaporated skim milk. Place chops in milk mixture and let stand 5 minutes, turning chops once.
- Meanwhile, mix together cornflake crumbs, bread crumbs, spices and salt.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray coating.
- Remove chops from milk mixture. Coat thoroughly with crumb mixture.
- Place chops in pan and bake in 375° F oven for 20 minutes. Turn chops and bake 15 minutes longer or utill no pink remains.
Note: If desired, substitute skinless, boneless chicken, turkey parts or fish for pork chops and bake for 20 minutes.
YIELD: 6 servings SERVING SIZE: 1 pork chop
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 216; Total fat, 8 grams; Saturated fat, 3 grams; Cholesterol, 62 milligrams; Sodium, 346 milligrams