With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium.
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 fresh mushrooms
2 oranges, quartered
8 cherry tomatoes
8 canned pineapple chunks
8 parboiled whole white onions
1 6-oz. can frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed
black pepper, to taste
1 C. dry white wine
2 T. soy sauce, low-sodium
dash ground ginger
2 T. vinegar
1/4 C. vegetable oil
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
- Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
- Place kabobs in shallow pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes.
- Discard any leftover marinade.
YIELD: 8 servings SERVING SIZE: 1/2 chicken breast kabob
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 359; Total fat, 11 grams; Saturated fat, 2 grams; Cholesterol, 66 milligrams; Sodium, 226 milligrams