These colorful skewers contain scallops, which are naturally low in total and saturated fat.
3 medium green peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
1 1/2 lb. fresh bay scallops
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/4 C. vegetable oil
3 T. lemon juice
dash garlic powder
1/4 C. dry white wine
black pepper, to taste
- Parboil green peppers for 2 minutes.
- Alternately thread first 3 ingredients on skewers.
- Combine next five ingredients.
- Brush kabobs with wine/oil/lemon mixture, place on grill (or under broiler).
- Grill 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
YIELD: 4 servings SERVING SIZE: 6 oz scallop kabob
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 224; Total fat, 6 grams; Saturated fat, less than 1 gram; Cholesterol, 43 milligrams; Sodium, 355 milligrams