|Healthful Recipes |
| || |
| Desserts |
This easy fruit cobbler is delicious all year round.
1/2 C. sugar
2 T. cornstarch
4 C. fresh or frozen blueberries
1 t. lemon juice
1 C. flour
1 T. sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
3 T. vegetable oil
1/2 C. low-fat or reconstituted nonfat dry milk
- Blend 1/2 C. sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan.
- Stir in blueberries and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour into ungreased baking dish.
- Keep fruit mixture hot in oven while preparing biscuit topping.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Measure flour, 1 T. sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add oil and milk, blend together until dough forms.
- Drop dough by six spoonfuls onto hot fruit.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
YIELD: 6 servings
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 281; Cholesterol, 1 milligram; Sodium, 139 milligrams; Fat, 7.5 grams; Protein, 3.5 grams; Carbohydrates, 52 grams; Dietary fiber, 3 grams; (24 percent of calories from fat).