|Healthful Recipes |
| || |
| Breakfast Foods |
Add fruit not just bananas, but apples, grapes, berries, peaches and mandarin oranges to your cereal or muesli!
1 1/2 C. rolled oats
1 1/2 C. water
2 C. shredded unpeeled apples
1 1/2 C. (about 9 oz.) pitted prunes, whole or halved
2 T. honey
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. cinnamon
fresh fruits (sliced banana, apple, pineapple; orange segments)
chopped almonds or pecans
- Combine oats, water, shredded apples, prunes, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, spoon some muesli into cereal bowl.
- Top with your choice of fresh fruits and nuts.
- Serve with dollop of plain yogurt or milk, if desired.
- Muesli can be stored in covered container in refrigerator for several days.
YIELD: 6 servings
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 218; Fat, 2 grams; Cholesterol, 0 milligrams; Fiber, 4 grams; Sodium, 5 milligrams; Calories from fat, 7 percent
Recipe provided by the California Prune Board.