|Healthful Recipes |
| || |
| Side Dishes |
Sweet potatoes and bananas combine to make a flavorful, low-fat custard.
1 C. mashed cooked sweet potato
1/2 C. mashed banana (about 2 small)
1 C. evaporated skim milk
2 T. packed brown sugar
2 beaten egg yolks (or 1/3 C. egg substitute)
1/2 t. salt
nonstick cooking spray, as needed
1/4 C. raisins
1 T. sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
- In medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
- Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in preheated 325° F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
YIELD: 6 servings SERVING SIZE: 1/2 cup
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 144; Total fat, 2 grams; Saturated fat, less than 1 gram; Cholesterol, 92 milligrams*; Sodium: 235 milligrams