Wine, lemons and mushrooms flavor this chicken recipe the lower-salt and lower-fat way.
1/8 t. black pepper
1/4 t. salt
1/4 C. flour
4 chicken breasts, boned, skinless (5 ounces)
1/2 C. Marsala wine
1/2 lemon fresh lemon juice
1/2 C. chicken stock, skim fat from top
1/2 C. sliced mushrooms
1 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix together pepper, salt and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
- In heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- To skillet, add wine and stir until wine is heated. Add juice, stock and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes until sauce is partially reduced.
- Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over chicken. Cover and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
YIELD: 4 servings SERVING SIZE: 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 277; Total fat, 8 grams; Saturated fat, 2 grams; Cholesterol, 77 milligrams; Sodium, 304 milligrams