Photographer: Snap Pea Salad with Radish & Lime
Publish Date: 2008-11-01
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
This colorful combination of sugar snap peas, wax beans and radishes is dressed with a tangy lime vinaigrette for a refreshing side dish.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved (about 2 cups)
- 7 ounces yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 10)
- Steam peas over 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Steam wax beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet. Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add radishes, peas and beans; toss to coat. Serve chilled.
Per serving: 110 calories; 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 5g mono unsaturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 157 mg sodium; 140 mg potassium
Nutrtion Bonus: Vitamin A (20% daily value).
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat (mono)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
- Degree of Difficulty
- Special Health Consideration(s)
- Healthy Weight
- Heart Healthy
- Low Sodium
- Low Cholesterol
- Low Sat Fat
- Low Carb
- Low Calorie
- Seasons & Occassions
- Fourth of July
- Dish Type(s)
- Side Dishes
Scaling Disclaimer: EatingWell recipes are tested extensively in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. Eating Well cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Also note that scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Gluten-Free Disclaimer: We have verified that these recipes do not include the following gluten-containing ingredients: wheat (all varieties, including spelt and kamut, wheat germ or bran and other forms of wheat protein), rye, barley (in all forms, including malt, malt flavoring, malt vinegar and malt extract), oats, triticale or beer/ale. However, many processed foods, such as broths, soy sauce and other condiments, may contain hidden sources of gluten. If a recipe calls for a packaged (e.g., canned) ingredient, we recommend that you carefully read the label to be sure it does not contain a hidden source of gluten.