Photographer: Burris, Ken
Publish Date: 2008-10-01
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
A vibrant herb paste brings robust flavor to a delicate fish.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted green olives
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1-pound halibut fillet, cut into 4 portions
- Place onion, parsley, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, capers, garlic and pepper in a food processor; pulse several times to chop. Add oil and process, scraping down the sides several times, until a pesto-like paste forms. Pat halibut with the herb paste. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the halibut in the dish and spoon any extra herb mixture on top. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is opaque in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 199 calories; 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 6g mono unsaturated fat); 36 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 557 mg potassium
Nutrtion Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 fat (mono)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
- Degree of Difficulty
- Special Health Consideration(s)
- Low Calorie
- Low Carb
- Low Sat Fat
- Low Sodium
- High Potassium
- Heart Healthy
- Diabetes Appropriate
- Healthy Weight
- Seasons & Occassions
- Mother's Day
- Father's Day
- Main Ingredient(s)
- Food Processor
- Dish Type(s)
- Main Dish
Scaling Disclaimer: EatingWell recipes are tested extensively in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. Eating Well cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Also note that scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Gluten-Free Disclaimer: We have verified that these recipes do not include the following gluten-containing ingredients: wheat (all varieties, including spelt and kamut, wheat germ or bran and other forms of wheat protein), rye, barley (in all forms, including malt, malt flavoring, malt vinegar and malt extract), oats, triticale or beer/ale. However, many processed foods, such as broths, soy sauce and other condiments, may contain hidden sources of gluten. If a recipe calls for a packaged (e.g., canned) ingredient, we recommend that you carefully read the label to be sure it does not contain a hidden source of gluten.