This meatless lasagna has reduced carbs and fats.
2 C. texturized vegetable protein (Green Giant Harvest Burgers for recipes)
1 bell pepper
1/2 t. black pepper
1 12-oz. package lasagna noodles
1 16-oz. can whole tomatoes
1/2 C. water
1 t. each basil, oregano, thyme
2 1/2 C. chopped mushrooms
1 C. chopped onions
1 t. salt (optional)
1 1/2 t. sugar
1 16-oz. part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1 15-oz. tomato sauce
- Saute vegetable protein, onion, pepper, mushrooms and herbs for about 5 minutes.
- Add a little water if needed (about 1 to 3 T.).
- Chop tomatoes and add juice from tomato sauce, then add water. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes. In 9 x 13-inch pan, layer uncooked noodles, then sauce mixture, then cheese. Continue layering, ending with cheese on top. Cover each layer of noodles completely with sauce mixture.
- Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes in 350-degree oven.
NUTRION ANALYSIS PER SERVING: Calories, 308; Total fat, 9 grams; Saturated fat, 5 grams; Protein, 22 grams; Sodium, 1136 milligrams; Cholesterol, 57 grams; Carbohydrates, 35 grams